3D-Wheel / Chassis Measurement
Advanced driver assistance systems like ACC require for proper calibration:
- a precisely aligned vehicle, and / or
- the driving direction angle, and/ or
- the ride height of the vehicle.
With only 4 of our VisiCon dPP 3D-sensors (one for each wheel), all relevant coordinates and directions of chassis and body are measured directly in the calibration rig:
- Center coordinates (x, y, z) of all wheels for calculation of symmetry axis and driving direction (Azimuth)
- Height coordinates (x, y, z) of all wheel arches for calculation of body height and angular displacement (Elevation)
Besides the VisiCon dPP 3D-sensors, only one control-PC is required for data collection and final processing. Usually, a control-PC already is in the machine design, that may be used for controlling the dPP 3D-sensors as well.
Alternatively or in combination, the vehicle may be aligned precisely with a centralising unit.
Convinced? Ask us for a quotation!